Whenever I have spoken to anyone about blogs, the issue of 'theme' always comes up. It is always implied that for a blog to do well, it needs to have a clear and unique theme.
I am really not sure if my blog has an emerging theme unless it's something like 'random utterances from a fluid brain wiring' or 'creative amateur psychology with lighthearted breaks.'
However, if I were to have a theme I might:
• Get a photo of a stranger smiling – one per day – try and find out what made him or her smile
• Take a newspaper headline a day and write my own version of the story e.g. an optimistic, fairytale, alien, historical, meticulous detail, etc version
• Get the responses from a variety of strangers to the same question – one a day e.g. what could you never live without or if you ran a shop, what would it sell, if you had to eat one food all day, what would you choose?
• A photo and/or description of a different room a day e.g. people’s houses, shops, public building etc
• A random sentence from a book and illustrate it.
• Start a conversation with a stranger a day and write about it
• Read my horoscope and reflect on how true it was.
• A daily photo of something that changes over time e.g. my fridge, the park’s play area, a busy street, the sky
• A photo of a person, two things written that are true about them and one lie. Guess the lie.
• Self portraits from different people – words, cartoons, abstract pictures, paintings
• My favourite thing on sale in a variety of shops – photograph it and describe it.
• The day’s top irritation – elaborated and explored – a bit self indulgent and like ‘grumpy old women!’
• Find and photograph as many different representations of a particular object as I can find and where I found it e.g. a flower (on clothes in shops, on cards, in books, in church carvings etc. I think this would make me obsessive!
• Explore an unusual word a day. One I do not know the meaning of. Put it in a sentence, illustrate it, put it to use and describe the response it got!
• Photos with a figure of something hidden in it (e.g. the same small cuddly toy) for people to spot!
• I could go on.....!