Must make a plan

I woke up this morning all fired up, with a huge list of things I was determined to get done. However, I did only one of the things on my list and several other things that I had not planned to do at all (including collecting 65 medium sized pebbles off a beach - part of a plan I have already abandoned!)

Getting distracted is my forte.

And this is a debate I have with myself all the time. Would it be better to be a person that makes plans and sticks to them or is it OK to be a person that makes plans and writes lists but then ignores the plans and never finds the list again? Don't get me wrong, I get things done with scarily bullish determination sometimes - but whatever it is is the result of a whim, never a long term plan!

Flexibility versus determination.
Focus versus expansion.
Direct route or wandering aound!
It's a hard call!

P.S. The one thing I did that was on my first-thing-this-morning plan was line some huge velvet curtains. This is something I never planned to be able to do in life - I think I can work out how to do this kind of thing because of a huge dollop of spacial awareness. If I had my life again - I would strike that off my list of talents and add being able to juggle with four balls.

I did feel like Felicity Kendall today though.

Comments

  1. I have this problem all the time - trying to focus on the things I planned to do - but always getting distracted by new ideas...then not achieving nearly as much. Very frustrating. But they are all on a list at least to make me feel better! Actually, I think my problem is that I love the excitement of planning and research and collecting of ideas much much more than the satisfaction of doing them! So what should I be? xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments......

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the blog spell...

51 quirky features of Norwich Cathedral that you can go and find

Anal Retention Test