The odd funny story.....

With a job that is basically about persuading schools to teach sex ed, it probably does not surprise you to hear I have to have to wade through no end of innuendo, double entendres and funny euphemisms when training people. It's OK, I've become quite good at graciously pretending that I am hearing something for the first time. However, occasionally I am lucky enough to collect a gem of a true story.

Like this one told to me by a male teacher (a story, he said, the parent in it, had told him)......

An eight year old girl approached her mum and asked, 'Mum what does 'ejaculate' mean?' This was a mother who had sworn to herself that she would always answer her children's questions - whatever they were - openly and honestly. So she took a deep breath and, with the help of pen and paper, proceeded to explain what this term meant in great detail. The eight year old listened attentively.

At the end of the description, the mother put down her pencil and enquired,
'Does that answer your question?' to which the daughter replied with a slightly quizzical expression,
'Yes, but I'm not sure Anne of Green Gables would have done that.'

Having not read Anne of Green Gables, I can only imagine 'ejaculate' was used to refer to something being said - something blurted out.

The moral of the story is quite clear: always ask the child what they think the answer might be first.

Comments

  1. Anne of Green Gables is one of my favourite books and there are actually quite a few sex scenes in it, including the one where Anne and Diana ejaculate together after accidentally drinking red wine instead of blackcurrant cordial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic not quite innuendo. Thank you.
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it means to eject something quickly/forcefully, and can be another way of saying blurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been teaching the kiddos at school sex ed this week (10/11 yr olds). You would be amazed how many boys rush in the next day and proclaim they have had their first wet dream the night before. Cept last year one boy exclaimed very loudly that he had his first 'wet cloud'.... The best bit is putting a tampon in a glass of water. They like that. Cept last year someone went home and dunked all of mums tampons in water.... and they are so expensive!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to stifle several guffaws of my own - amongst a cacophony of smutty sniggering of year 10 girls - whilst acting out the part of Romeo in R & J, Act 3 scene 5 only today:

    ROMEO

    Farewell, farewell! one kiss, and I'll descend.

    He goeth down

    JULIET

    Art thou gone so? love, lord, ay, husband, friend!
    I must hear from thee every day in the hour,
    For in a minute there are many days:
    O, by this count I shall be much in years
    Ere I again behold my Romeo!

    ROMEO

    Farewell!
    I will omit no opportunity
    That may convey my greetings, love, to thee.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments......

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the blog spell...

51 quirky features of Norwich Cathedral that you can go and find

Anal Retention Test