We have some great socialite friends that often throw great parties and gatherings. In recent years they have thrown parties of a 'letter' theme. The very first party I attended was an F party and I was part of the hired help: our band played. I claimed I had come as a frump, which of course needed very little planning. I did also tie huge papier mache flowers to the microphone stands, so I had made a little effort.
To their D party the following year, I went as a decoy (or distraction) - simply stuck a sign that said 'they went that way' to my front and my fella spent all day turning himself into a domino to arrive, arms stuck out at right angles from his side, to discover he was one of a set that provided a joke about lining up and toppling them over all evening.
This time the invite has declared it is an E party. I am assuming it is not a reference to mind altering pills or I am putting unnecessary effort in.
The first port of call is a brainstorm, followed by the dictionary, then an encyclopedia as it includes some famous people and events and then you need to consider fictional characters. Makes me sound almost methodical.
My thinking has included:
• Extravert – no preparation needed
• An egg - wouldn't have been very practical to party as
• Exaggeration – either go with an exaggeration written on my front or attend with large ears, a large nose and large feet.
• Etc…stick lists of things all over me e.g. a banana, an apple, an orange…
• Emily from work. I'd have to be taller, pregnant and elegant and no one would recognise me, but then again, nobody at the party knows Emily...so it was, quite frankly, a ridiculous idea.
• Edward de Bono – make six coloured hats and stick them on my head
•Exception - go dressed as a fish
Anyway....you'll just have to wait for my post tomorrow. But in the meantime, guesses and late suggestions are welcome.